The 7-meter BFD will withstand the harshest conditions on the planet and provide a comfortable and safe shelter for a group. It is the largest production dome of its kind. Made with titanium dioxide-coated fabric, the BFD is made to last season after season. Tents made with titanium dioxide coated fabrics have lasted up to 10 years of seasonal use at Everest basecamp.
The BFD was designed with high altitude expeditions in mind, but has proven itself in many environments all over the world. The BFD's numerous vents give the dome unmatched airflow compared to domes of this size, allowing it to stay comfortable during the heat of the day. From high desert to high alpine, the BFD has your group covered.
- ET70 and LS07 Fabrics feature Titanium Dioxide coating, which is extremely UV resistant and lasts 3-5 times as long as comparable tent fabrics under intense UV exposure.
- Custom Cobra clips are made of injection-molded acetyl plastic, which remains flexible to -40˚F/C, with stainless steel gate
- Internal tie downs/o-rings provide many options for hanging, storage or internal guying. When properly strung and tensioned, the internal tie down system will greatly increase the strength of the tent much like the spokes and rim of a bicycle wheel.
- Clear polymer window film does not yellow from UV exposure and remains flexible to below -40˚F/C.
- White ET70 window covers protect window film from UV and reflect heat when closed. (This allows the BFD to excel in almost any condition where large groups need to congregate. Great for expos, trade shows and in-laws as well.)
- Reinforced attachment points are 3-layer ET70 sewn over a nylon core.
- Reflective grommets are alphanumerically labeled and pole-specific to ease setup.
- 840D nylon perimeter skirt
Click here for setup instructions
|Weight||71lbs 10oz (Body 35 lbs 14 oz, Poles 35 lbs 12 oz)|
|Capacity||20+ people plus gear|
|Floor Area||415.5 sq ft|
|Tent Body Fabrics||
ET70 Ti-Diox Nylon, LS07 Ti-Diox Nylon
|Skirt Fabric||840D Nylon Taffeta|
|Poles||15 DAC Pressfit 13.2mm|