- CleverHiker Tent Guide Top Pick 2020 (Portal Review Here)
- Top pick for "Best Bomber Tent" in Adventure Alan's Best Backpacking Tents of 2020! (Full review here).
- Named one of the "Best four-season tents of 2019-2020" by Section Hiker!
- Outside Magazine named the Portal one of the 3 Best Tents of 2019: "the only tent we’d want on a stormy trek." The Portal was also declared "strongest tent" in Backpacker Magazine's Summer 2019 Gear Guide.
The Portal is our lightest freestanding tent at 2lbs 13oz. It's our statement piece saying you don't need to sacrifice strength, features, or durability to make an ultralight freestanding tent.
If there's a stronger sub three-pound tent out there, we have yet to find it. By incorporating several technologies from our Expedition Series tents, we were able to give the Portal a degree of stability and weather resistance previously reserved for dedicated "four-season", or more accurately, "one season" tents.
We designed the Portal with an eye for long-term durability. This means using premium fabrics with good UV and mildew resistance, eliminating PU coatings that break down over time, and adding extra zipper sliders to double the zippers' lifespan.
The Portal can be set up fly-first to keep the inner tent dry in rainy conditions. Instructions are found in the bottom video below.
To prolong the life of your Portal's floor, pick up a Portal footprint. For ultralight weather protection in non-buggy conditions, check out the Portal Tub Floor.
Made in Vietnam.
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: Customer is responsible for all import duties and taxes. We recommend against "UPS STANDARD" shipping because they charge very high brokerage fees. To avoid brokerage fees, select either USPS shipping or UPS Worldwide Express/Expedited service.
- Two doors and two vestibules increase livability for two.
- Pre-installed internal guylines give the Portal great lateral stability for almost no weight increase. Click here for step-by-step instructions to install a second set of internal guylines. Click here to learn how internal guylines work.
- Our new KickStand vents make ventilation a breeze. Opposing struts on the vestibule doors provide unrestricted cross-tent airflow for excellent condensation management without sacrificing weather protection.
- High-volume pole structure with a swivel provides well-distributed headroom without the weakness of hubs.
- Pole swivel connects long poles for easy setup
- All the pockets you could ever want (two ceiling, two head, two side, one foot).
- Offset vestibule design eases entry and exit.
- 10 external guy points provide ample reinforcement. External guy points are matched to toggles to attach the fly directly to the poles, increasing stability.
- Matching reflective tabs on fly and tent body simplify setup.
- Can be pitched with footprint (not included) and fly for a minimalist weather shelter.
- 2-Side silicone impregnated flysheet and PE floor fabric are mildew-resistant and have excellent hydrolytic stability, and will last significantly longer than traditional PU-coated fabrics.
- Includes 10 DAC J-Stakes
|Trail Weight||2lbs 14oz (1.3kg)|
|Packaged Weight||3lbs 5oz (1.5kg)|
|Floor Area||27.45 sq ft (2.55 sq m)|
|Interior Height||44" (1.11m)|
|Packed Size||14" x 5" (35cm x 13cm)|
|Floor Dimensions||85" x 51" (head) x 42" (foot)|
|Vestibule Area||2 x 8.4 sq ft (2 x 0.78 sq m)|
|Number of poles||3|
|Number of doors||2|
|Tent Body Fabric||15D Nylon no-see-um mesh|
|Floor Fabric||20D Nylon Ripstop PE 1800mm|
|Fly Fabric||10D Nylon 66 Ripstop Sil/Sil 1200mm|
|Poles||2 DAC Featherlite NFL 8.7mm, 1 NFL 9.3mm|